Thursday, June 16, 2005

Alive & Knitting

I've just returned from vacation to find my computer in a state of rebellion. I can blog, but I can't post pictures right now. Just the process of getting online again was like trying to unravel double stranded mohair in the dark.

I finished the Rowan Flame pattern while I was away and actually started a new pair of socks for my Mom. It's the Retro Rib sock pattern from Interweave and I'm knitting them in Knit Picks Dancing sock yarn. I'm using "Rumba".

Before I had a chance to sew up Flame, my youngest daughter got a hold of the front piece after eating Doritoes and managed to get nacho cheese powder all over it and pull a few stitches out of shape with her teeth. One of the selling points for the KnitPicks Shine yarn is that it's machine washable. I tossed the finished garment into a cold wash and then into the dryer, said a knitter's prayer and hoped for the best. It came out just fine. I have a few possible baby gifts to knit and this yarn will be my first choice.

No comments: