Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Constant Knitter


I have serious blogger's guilt. It's been too long since I've posted, but I have two settings right now. Full speed ahead and full stop! I wake up every morning with the frantic sense that I'm supposed to be somewhere and about 70% of the time I'm right. The other 30% is spent not wanting to do anything at all in protest.
Except knit of course.
I'm knitting like mad to shut out the noise. I have so many projects on the needles right now I've stopped trying to update my WIP bar, at least for the time being.

I have 2 current favorites though that occupy most of my time. First is the Marilyn's Not-So-Shrunken cardi from Wendy at Knit & Tonic which I'm knitting up in Merino Style from KnitPicks. I love this yarn with a passion that knows no depths. It's Dk weight, soft, spongy merino goodness for a little over $2. Plus I love this pattern. It's the first time I've knit a sweater from the top down and I love it. I'm not the biggest fan of finishing, so this project is just what I needed right now. I'm already day dreaming of all the ways I could adapt this pattern in myriad shapes and colors.

The other project is my, at long last, Clapotis. The Clapotis had taken on mythical proportions for me. I've been loathe to blog about this, but we're in the process of attempting to buy a house in a market that's not very accomodating. When we placed our first bid I had visions of myself knitting in front of the fireplace draped in a lovely Clapotis. I decided to cast on with some Noro Silk Garden in a desperate act of wishful knitting. Before I could even get it on the needles we were outbid. Now we've bid on another place and I've been knitting that Clapotis like I could knit the future together just the way I see it. I don't know what's coming or where we're going, but I know that I have to knit into the front and back of every stitch before the markers and I know that Silk Garden drapes lovely and I know that dropped stitches take some coaxing when you actually want them to drop for a change.

In reference to the title of the post, If you haven't been to see The Constant Gardner yet, do your self a favor and see it. Fantastic!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Okay, this is too, too weird. I came to your blog because I saw in my blog stats that you'd visited mine (Lickety Knit) and had been amused by the "[Your Name] needs" game. Then I got all confused because of the photo of the color cards immediately below, thinking, "Wait, is this actually my blog? Have I fallen into another dimension?" Because I have what is honestly that exact same photo uploaded onto my blog, I just haven't finished the post and published it yet. Seriously. A zillion Knitpicks color cards. Filling the whole frame. So in case you ever come back to visit my blog again, and you see it there, I just wanted to give you advanced notice so you don't think I'm creepily stalking you or something. Not that this strange, rambling comment would ever give you that impression or anything. :)